Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Bike or Bust!

Rachel's first bike race
September 27, 2008
Rachel finally bought a nice road bike!  In order to "break it in" we went up to Heber this last weekend for the Heber Valley Century ride.  (No, I didn't make it the full 100 miles!)  It was an amazingly beautiful weekend full of fall colors and sunshine.  Part of the route included the Olympic Biathlon venue at Soldier Hollow.  We got to hop off our bikes and use the rifles at the range to fire at some targets.  (My aim isn't so good, it's no surprise that David was the one in the FBI with a gun, not me!)  Rachel enjoyed the ride, the scenery, and poor David followed patiently in the "support vehicle" with 3 grumpy children in it! 

4 comments:

Natalee said...

Hey. I love your blog. It looks great. YOur family looks so beautiful. YOu can check out ours too. www.toasterdays.blogspot.com

Mom Bradshaw said...

You go girl! What an accomplishment! Keep on biking. I'm sure you are an inspiration to the biking class you teach! :)
Love, Mom B.

Julie Bradshaw said...

MORE BLOGGING!!! I need my Bradshaw Beat fix...

The Melville Trio said...

One Hundred miles?!?! (I had to spell it out cuz "100" just doesn't do it justice.) That's insane. How far did you go? I did a 38 mile ride once and couldn't get back on my bike for over a month. OUCH! So, super kudos to you, brave lady!